The Diamond DA 40/42 is an amazing new aircraft with an impressive modern, high-quality interior. It carries pilots and passengers in comfort while providing everyone on board with a great view out of its large windows. But the heat, glare, UV, and solar energy that enters through these windows can make flights less comfortable and enjoyable for passengers — as well as pilots.
Our Total Diamond DA 40/42 Solution is the answer. This Jet Shades package will:
- cool down your DA 40/42 flights,
- significantly increase the comfort of the pilot and passengers,
- provide excellent visibility through the windows,
- protect all on board from harmful UV radiation,
- reduce glare and pilot fatigue,
- prevent overheating of your tablet/phone,
- eliminate the installation and removal of foil guards*,
- make your Diamond DA 40/42 a sharp-looking plane on the ramp!
With this package installed in your Diamond DA 40/42, you, your family and other passengers will want to fly in your aircraft just because it’s so nice inside!
The Total Diamond DA40/42 Solution includes:
- (3) standard high-visibility canopy Jet Shades (even available for Tallboy Canopy!)
- (2) standard high-visibility rear passenger windows Jet Shades
- (1) microfiber storage case (for canopy shades)
Unlike foil aircraft sun shades, Jet Shades are removable tinted window panels and visors designed to block harmful UV and sun glare in your aircraft cockpit both DURING FLIGHT & WHILE PARKED!
Inspired by an engineer and private pilot who was always hot in the cockpit and wrestled with sun glare on him and the instrument panel in the hot Florida sun, Jet Shades solve the problem of hot, sunny cockpits that are uncomfortable for both pilot and passengers.
- Blocks 99.9% harmful UV (See JAMA article on harmful effects of UV radiation for pilots)
- Provides instant relief from solar energy
- Reduces glare by 70% for better contrast and visibility on instrument panels, smartphones and tablet devices.
- Minimizes eye strain and pilot fatigue caused by prolonged sun exposure
- Maintains pilot & passenger comfort during high sun glare flights
- Effortless removal with patented friction-tab design
- Protects aircraft interior from cracking and discoloration while parked
- Enhances ramp appeal by giving your aircraft a “tinted windows” look
- Eliminates the need for removing and storing foil sun shades before and after flights